Top 5 Questions
- Why Cayman?
- What do you mean by non-commoditized business?
- Who are you?
- How will you approach the business?
- What classes of business will you write?
Cayman Islands are home to offshore captives, banks and hedge funds, with an established infrastructure catering to a sophisticated financial services industry. As the first Cayman Island based open market property and casualty reinsurance company, we are seeking to capitalise on this infrastructure and define ourselves in an opportunistic environment.
What do you mean by non-commoditized business?
Non-commoditized business refers to both the line of business and the structure of the program, where the market opportunity may not be large, but each deal focuses on a specific client need.
Our goal is to work closely with our clients to provide tailored reinsurance solutions structured to align the interest of our clients with our own. We seek to capitalize on market dislocations by identifying underserved markets and clients with unique reinsurance needs.
Who are you?
Greenlight Re Employees:
We are a team of seasoned professionals, with a diverse background in the reinsurance industry.
- Bart Hedges, Chief Executive Officer
- Tim Courtis, Chief Financial Officer
- Brendan Barry, Chief Underwriting Officer
- Claude Wagner, Chief Actuarial Officer
- Isaac Espinoza, Senior Analyst
- Parker Boone, Vice President and Underwriter
- Tom Curnock, Vice President and Underwriter
- Jordan Comacchio, Analyst
- Jim Ehman, Vice President and Senior Underwriter
- Matt Grunewald, Deputy Underwriter
- Kagabo Ngiruwonsanga, Analyst
- Bruno Landry, Actuary
- Rena Strecker, Assistant Underwriter
- Sherry Diaz, Controller
- Faramarz Romer, Reporting and Accounting Compliance Officer
- Adam Ridley, Assistant Controller
- Laura Accurso, Attorney and Corporate Secretary
- Elizabeth Bowen, Office Administrator
How will you approach the business?
We believe it’s key to develop long term relationships with our clients. These relationships will enable us to provide the solutions our clients need.
What classes of business will you write?
We write many kinds of property and casualty business, including:
- Property & Marine
- Professional Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Accident & Health
- Property Catastrophe